Our ambition is to continually improve the environmental credentials of our projects and services by actively looking for ways to reduce negative environmental impacts during their entire life cycle so that over time our stakeholders know us not just as a HBK contracting company capable of building environmentally sound projects but also as an environmentally responsible construction and development company.
We are committed to the following key issues.
• Champion the efficient use of energy and reduce emissions of gasses associated with Climate Change.
• Generate zero waste through reducing upfront demand, reusing materials whenever possible and recycling (or down-cycling) and where these options are not currently practicable, provide environmentally sound treatment or disposal.
• Proactively select and use materials that are benign to people and the environment.
• Reduce demand for, conserve and recycle water resources.
• Reduce harmful emissions to the air from projects, road vehicles, mobile and stationary equipment and processes.
• Minimize the negative impact of our operations on water land and soil quality.
HBK contracting company also demonstrates commitment to sustainability through active participation in Green Building Councils since 2010, as well as through promoting and supporting many other internal and external sustainable initiatives.